Thursday, May 2, 2013

yup yup....this is me on a box...

Soapbox moment

I must prologue this with - I do NOT have it all figured out, I'm not claiming to either.  I just used to have much more of a mean streak than I do now, and I used to let things really really get to me.  Things still really do get to me sometimes, but mostly it's the way others react to one another.  I expect I wonder how they get to where they are more than anything.

I've blogged about this topic before, but I think some of my friends new and old could use a refresher course..

If you want to be unhappy, you will be.  If you want to be sad, you will be.  If you want to be happy, you will be.  Guess what - if you wake up and just know that it's going to be a good day - it will.  I know that things get hard, and sometimes you want to jump ship.  I get all that.  Honestly though, you chose your emotions.  I get sad, and mad and sick of things.  I have moments where I feel like NO ONE gets me (a lot). I have moments when people listen to me, but don't hear and look at me but don't see..but. . .I smile for me...not for you...I love for me too..it's really all selfish.  I choose to care and to love and to smile and to make everyday mean something.  If I say hi to you and smile, I do it so that my day is a little brighter - if you smile back..that adds to it, but if you don't - oh well..I did my part.  Hello...I write this blog for me.  This is my release - my putting it out there.  I know how many of you read this..I can see the numbers..I believe I would write it though, even if no one read it.  I know that people are reading and paying attention, so maybe tomorrow (just maybe) you can look at someone else, and see...really see them.  Maybe you can even chose to be happy and not let anything bring you down.  

There is at least one person that irritates me daily, oh shit, every day (always a different person it seems).  There are some people that I obviously connect with more than others, but I don't have many people in my life that I genuinely dislike.  I used to, but then I decided that was a really wasted emotion and it didn't bring me much happiness.  When I find someone that I find rather difficult, which happens from time to time, I usually spout off..and then regret it later..(regret is also a wasted emotion that doesn't make me very happy) - I have been working on this, but it's there sometimes.  

You really can decide today that you're not going to let all the petty stuff in life bring you down.  We're all only here a short time, why spend it filling your days with miserable feelings.  Look outside, feel the warmth, look at the clouds, do whatever it is that makes you happy and decide to be that way.  

I chose to love you, and I choose to always love you.  If any of  you are confused about this statement, ask me, I obviously have no issues sharing. 


No comments: