Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Utopia. . .

Finished Delirium today. Yeah, I liked it enough to go ahead and get the other two books in the trilogy. I'm a sucker for the type Utopian and dystopian fiction books.  I love how this society believes that eliminating strong emotion makes people somehow better than those that feel.

Do you wonder what it would be like to have no emotion?  There have been times that I wished I were a man so I could think or feel less.  Plus men have it so easy, really.  No monthly anything and no babies and well, they get to be detached if they want...and yeah..I'm told that men don't usually "thought jump" like women do, and boy it would be good sometimes to get my brain to not think so much. It has been my experience that men can just take it or leave it in most situations.  I think that'd be an awesome thing to try for a few days.

My phone decided today to not inform me when I got email.  Just all of the sudden and for no reason.  I went to the settings and sync was miraculously turned off.  How does that happen?  I didn't turn it off, and I'm pretty sure no one else has been messing with it.  I figure he knew I didn't want to know and thought I needed a break.  Yes, everything I own is a boy.  EVERYTHING.

Guess what - - Tomorrow is my last day as a resident of Lebanon.

Ending with a little Elton John - "And you can tell everybody this is your song..It may be quite simple, but now that it's done. . . I hope you don't mind..I hope you don't mind that I put down in words. . . How won-der-ful life is while you're in the world. . "   My life is surely enhanced by knowing and loving you.  Thanks for that.

No comments: