Sunday, June 30, 2013

Giving...Forgiveness. . .

So a question was posed today?  How should you treat co-workers and those that you may see begging for money along side of the road...?  Well, I guess because I have heard and thought about how many times people may be just begging as a living, it has been a long time since I have handed money or anything out my window...Honestly, I just assume that they are better off then they are letting on..Honestly I just think, why aren't you doing something different.  Now though, I guess I'm thinking I was wrong and that was very judgmental of me.  It's not my place to decide whether someone really needs the help or not, it's my job to do my best to give of myself to everyone and know that I won't be judged badly for it in the long run.  How far from being one of those people are any of us anyway?  As far as co-workers, most of you know me personally.  What you might not know is that in the last 6 months, I have been tried this way.  I have been told who is "stupid", and who I should and shouldn't be friends with.  I have been told it would "be a bad idea" to go to lunch with certain people.  I have been told that "I was getting to close" to certain people, well...I like to form my own opinions, even if that means that I am pushed out for it.
People are fantastic most generally, even the rough ones, that seem like they are scorned.  People just need to feel loved and cared for, and why shouldn't everyone feel that way.  Treat others the way you want to be treated..that's not a religious thing, it fits, but it's just the way i wish we all felt.  Something funny tho, the person that kept telling me how "ignorant" and "stupid" people are is someone who goes to church on Sundays and Wednesdays and acts like he's a real "Christian" (not that he isn't a Christian that also does bad things, but geezz).. No offense, but "Christianity" has a bad name, and honestly, this kind of thing is why.  I am not a great person or a great "Christian", I just try hard to make sure that love is at the forefront of my life.  I have made mistakes; I make mistakes daily, but I hope that if you know me you know where I am going with this.  I know along the way, I have screwed up some relationships, and I'm sorry for that.  I have trouble with thinking before I speak at times, and well, I know that I can say things and make you think too much about them later.  I apologize to anyone that I have hurt or upset or pissed off or whatever...and yes, that even goes to those people that I don't get along so well with.  I'm working on forgiveness.  I feel like not forgiving is wasting emotion and in turn, wasting time.  I don't want to waste time on something that means nothing in the long run.
I'll bet most of you know today's song.  The Beatles - another one of my favorites, said it best.
"There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy
There's nothing you can make that can't me made
No one you can save that can't be saved
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time
It's easy
All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need"

The love thing seems to be my broken record.  Oh well.. 
Have a great rest of your Sunday and start to your week.
Love - Jess
millions, infinity, xoxo

No comments: