Wednesday, April 24, 2013

From the Milk Building...

So first night of dress rehearsal of this week and the kids are loud and crazy. I decides that while I'm waiting for the actual run through to start, I would write a bit. Zacheriah isn't feeling well, so hopefully that works itself out. And you can tell the boys are almost over all this..

So.. On my way to work this morning, I was thinking why do we teach our children so many silly things when they're little. For example.. Yes.. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words can definitely hurt you and often much deeper. We tell them this to what, protect them? Hmm. Doesn't seem like that makes much sense to me. I remember being teased once in middle school that took years and years to get over. Not that I think violence is the answer, but a broken arm would have definitely healed faster.

Also the "Now I lay me down to sleep" prayer... Really that scared the hell outta me when I was little. I didn't care who it was, I did not want anyone taking my soul.. And why do we even bring that line into the mind of a small child? How about "now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep healthy and safe and happy.. God bless all the puppy dogs and rainbows"..

And why was I thinking about all that? Who knows why I think of half the things I do?

Love.. millions and millions.. Xoxo

No comments: