Friday, September 7, 2012

Where do I fit . . .

Lately - I've been struggling with subjects to write about.  I'm tired of saying the same old thing...Love each other, be merry.  So what to write about this time????

17 Days until my copy of the Avengers... OH YEAH - And Sunday Football...I'm so so so so so excited about that too...seriously..Colts/Bears - oh who to root for....yeah duh..I'm a Colts Fan first, Broncos Second..and then da Bears.

I am watching a movie called "Acts" - yes the biblical book of Acts is the movie (NIV word for word).  I have many times read and studied this book through the years (not just saying this, I really have).  Anyway...I'm not just studying Acts of my own free will this time, I have a class "Life and Letters of Paul" in which the movie is a part.  I know, right...So you're thinking I'm going all Bible thumper or something, well I'm not, but I do have my beliefs and convictions that have been tested very recently.  I love the story of Jesus and the Apostles.  I love the leadership and the fellowship and the LOVE that is the story.  I love that Stephen (who I think is my favorite) didn't hold back and died for stating what was needed to be said.  The New Testament in general tells me to  be who you are and to love each other through anything and everything.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
Read more athttp://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/dr_seuss.html#HIptZGL2cTRl3Mhp.99

I said today and I meant it. . . All that really matters are relationships and people...everything else is cake (didn't say that part then, but it's true)..

What is the right thing to do?  How do I separate my personal feelings from my professional?  How do I walk that tight rope?  Why are my feelings so visible on my face (guess you don't need to be able to read my mind)? Why do I let some things hurt my feelings and others role off?  How do I become hard like other people?   - - - Yeah I really do ask myself these questions a LOT.
“It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.” 
― Dr. SeussThe Lorax

All I can do is be the best that I can be.  I can only work hard to be a decent person and treat others the way I want them to treat me.  I know I do things wrong, I know that I'm never gonna be perfect, and I know that I love you.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
― Dr. SeussThe Lorax

Why all the Dr. Seuss you ask, cuz he got it.  That's why.  This blog seems scattered a bit, but my mind is too.  Sorry.  Love you dearly.

1 comment:

lkafka said...

The stuff you write about people loving and accepting us for who we are is so true. And, unfortunately, why it's so diffcult to find true friends. But, and I tell my kids this too, all you really need is that one person in which to connect with on the "we just GET eachother" level, and that person will make you come to realize you are worhty of love...always. They are the cake. The rest are simply the icing. But I try to make them thick too so I don't feel so spread, or thinned, out and overwhelmed with all of them pushing and pulling in many directions. This may be my aspies talking, but I tend to get scattered when this happens.

I love you too, Jess. And don't you forget it!