Thursday, September 20, 2012

today's thoughts. . .

I guess I don't have much that I don't share with everyone.  Sure we all have a few skeletons in the closet, but I a pretty open person a lot.  I suppose that is because I really like me, and I figure others should know me and like me, too.  

What circle am I in to you?  Interestingly enough, I put lots of people in that Friends circle or even closer.


I was thinking of reasons people might not want to be as open with another person:
Fear of conflicts
Don't be afraid to say you disagree.  Some conflict with people is healthy. You might think people in good relationships should not argue. You might think if you tell people how you are really feeling if you are upset or angry they will be hurt.
Can't be emotional
Maybe, you think you shouldn't have negative feelings like anger, jealousy, anxiety act. Well, you should be more mature and more rational, cuz if you were you would be able to control your feelings. I'd be willing to bet that other people will not see you as weak if they find out how you are feeling.
Please don't reject me!
Are you are so terrified of rejection or being disapproved of that you'd rather keep your feelings bottled up rather than making someone mad at you? Guess what, you don't have to please other people and meet everyone's expectations.  Maybe you should trust me enough to be able to share what your feelings and ideas and thoughts are.
Self Esteem Issues
How much do you love yourself?  Do you believe you are not entitled to express your feelings or ask others for what you want? Sometimes people just stink...Love yourself enough to not worry about what others think of you.  If a person is real, they will respect you more for being you.  A true friend will even love you when you're being a butthead.
Don't you just KNOW!
Why can't he/she just read your mind? Geezz.. (Okay, yeah I am DEFINITELY guilty of this, that's why I had to include it).  Maybe HE is not insensitive and maybe he does care, but maybe he doesn't know what you want him to do/say. 

      ***Girls - Really that one is for you and me, cuz I have been here so many times.  I think sometimes Guys are just really dumb, and you have to help them out.  Give them a break, and guess that they really don't know what you want from them.




No comments: