Thursday, August 2, 2012

Writing a persuasive paper. . .

So most of you know, cuz i've only mentioned it like 100 times, that I am getting my BA in Management soon.  4 months..woot woot..
Anyway, I have decided that I will enter the Masters program immediately, which I really am stoked about.  I probably will try not to double up on classes as often in that program though.  So, I'm taking a class right now that is a writing class, and well, most of you also know that I'm not very conservative in my thinking.  It's really strange to go to school at Wesleyan with my mindset at times, but I kinda like it.  Anyway, back to the paper, I'm rambling. . . The topic of week 4's essay is a Persuasive paper about whatever I want basically.  So, I have went full circle on what to write about.  I started with Recycling and should it be mandatory, then I went to Toll Roads instead of taxes, then I went to Why everyone should write in Jon Stewart, then I thought, no no no...be more conservative, this guy likes you and you're gonna ruin that...So. . . I thought about going with Why Choose Google?...but you know, I've written so many papers on Google and my love for them..so . . .then I thought, maybe I should pick another mail client and say why you shouldn't go with one of them.  Then I thought, forget IT, get out of the IT world...what is fun...How about writing about which superhero is the best...then I realized that really that is just as geeky as Google in a whole different way, so then I decided..I have to just write about Recycling..I'm passionate about why we should all be made to do it..but easier.See I don't want to wash my stuff anymore and sort or any of that, I want the street departments or maybe a recycling department or trash company to just do it for me.  I realize that again this is not a conservative view.  I know the argument about the government already controlling too much.  It doesn't matter though what you or I want, in NYC you can't buy a coke bigger than 20 ozs.  We sure care about crazy useless stuff but not about something like this...

No comments: