Sunday, March 4, 2012

My take on the Lorax Story . . .

Went to see the Lorax today in 3D which I do not recommend.  I do recommend the movie highly, but not the 3D thing.  We do that for Zach, but I do no like 3D movies.  I will be buying this movie when it comes out.  I LOVE it.
 Okay, so we're leaving the movie and my son says, "Yeah I think there was a lesson to be learned from that movie."  I laughed so hard.  There are like 10 lessons to be learned from that movie, but I'm glad he pulled this one out of the whole thing, "We should not cut down as many trees for paper."  Again I laugh as I write this.  I told him that I feel like there are many other lessons to pull out of that movie.  Here's my list..

Reduce Waste and Recycle
Plastic is not better than the real thing
GREED is bad
If you're a guy and you go the extra mile for a girl, you might just get the kiss..
Sometimes old people ramble, but sometimes they know stuff..
Your children are more important then the most important man in town.
One person can make a HUGE difference...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not." - Dr. Seuss

I love this story - HIGHLY recommend it.  Take your kids for sure..and if you don't have any - go see it by yourself.

Also, wanted to say to one of the most wonderful old ladies I ever met.  Grandma, Happy Birthday!  It's been a year and a few months since I last held your hand and talked to you, but I will never ever forget my love for you.  I hope you're sipping MaiTai's on the beach in your Heaven.

No comments: