Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why I probably would not make a good president. . .

I am a pretty emotional person, and I'm a girl.  I think being a girl gives me the right to feel the way I feel about anything, and if you don't like it, well tough.  I also believe it's my world and you are all just my play things.
I know when I admitted to everyone a few months ago that I would want to be president, that everyone was going to write me in.  Probably should do that just yet.
Today is one of those days....I'm having trouble not being annoyed by everything and every one.  Sometimes that happens.  I have to give a speech in a bit on professionalism to all of IT and it happens to be on a day that I'm struggling.  Who am I kidding?  It's all about the appearance.
Why on days like today, do I not just stay away from my triggers?  Probably should have just stayed home.  I know it's best to let things roll off, and I know it's healthy to just say, "ah well it's over, so move on.."  Problem is ... I don't feel that way sometimes..
Somedays I want to be a guy.  They have it way easier than us girls.  We have to pee sitting down, or run the risk of wet pants.  We also have so much crap we have to go through, and well guys don't.  They can even just blame their coolness or lack of feeling or forgetfulness on being a guy.  Women have to remember everything and take care of everything and have to be able to multitask and. . . I think I'm tired.
Sometimes I am so moody, and the problem is I'm pretty witty too, so I can and do tear people apart.  Really I'm not even sorry when I do it.  I feel like a lot of people are missing something.  A smart gene or logic maybe.
I can't even point out the things that have happened to make me feel this way today, because I'll undoubtedly hurt someone in the process.
What's crazy - is that yesterday I felt so 'in control' of my emotions..and today I feel well..NOT..Something even crazier is that by the end of the day - I'm probably feel 'in control' again, and I am a woman and that is my right, so there.

1 comment:

GenerationCoates said...

I agree with what you're saying! but from my personal experience and not to sure if it's just me, but I'm a very emotional person, always on my toes trying to avoid the triggers that turn my day sour and have me scrambling to find that thought that'll make me happy. The reason I blame the lack feelings, brushing everything off because I'm a guy, is because that's what we're meant to do. And I feel like it's my soul purpose to make up these excuses in order for you ladies to use them. You take a very large amount of the pain away from us guys and deserve every little bit of respect and gratitude from us as you can get. Keep on pushing, and don't let anything get in your way of what you know is best and right for you! :) and trust me if you had the opportunity and the world didn't lack the heart to hear what real people have to say and the opinions they had, i have no doubt that you wouldn't be president :p Stay Frosty.