Sunday, January 8, 2012

Congrats to David with Love. . .





Good looking young adults
We just got home from San Antonio.  David, my son, graduated from the Air Force basic training at Lackland, AFB.  Very nice ceremonies and very gorgeous young man.  He's grown nicely and quickly into a man, and I am very proud of him.  Of course, he still would rather play video games than actually spend time with me.  I'm quite used to that though.

San Antonio River Walk
San Antonio was much prettier this visit.  The last time I was there it was like 110 degrees.  This was a comfortable 70's and the lights for Christmas were still up.  It was like a wonderland.  Beautiful.

David's Coin

Check this - David knows how to make his bed.  This is something that I never ever thought I'd see.  And he was on the top bunk which is something that I've heard him and Zach argue about multiple times in the last 10 years or so.
Another really interesting thing, for anyone who knows David...Look to the right - Yeah that's right he was totally organized.  I asked him how much he got in trouble for not being, and he said that he rarely got yelled at.  I'm pretty sure he did whatever was needed (including having his bunk mate help him roll his socks) to keep from getting everyone in trouble.  Something else I noticed during this trip to be with him.  He was much more mature and quiet.  Used to be that he wanted to talk a lot, and he seemed like he wanted to listen more.

I love all of my kids very much, and I am very proud of each of them.  David will now go to training still in Texas for about 6 months.  Hopefully I'll hear from him more often now though.  Oh yeah...another interesting tidbit...David gained 20 lbs in 8 weeks.  He's very buff right now..It is very nice..
I love you, buddy..and always will..

No comments: