Saturday, February 11, 2012

Starting again. . .

I have once again started writing.  This time I'm going to try to dedicate time to it every day.  It's hard when time is what I lack, but I'm going to try to keep up this blog, since so many of you read it. (weird but cool) Also though, I think I've found my book idea.  Not prepared to share it just yet, but some of you luckies will get to hear all about it.  Anyway, I needed a poem by a famous author to go into my book, and I stumbled upon this.


Whatif by Shel Silverstein
Last night, while I lay thinking here,
some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
and pranced and partied all night long
and sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk that test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif a bolt of lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow talle?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif the fish won't bite?
Whatif the wind tears up my kite?
Whatif they start a war?
Whatif my parents get divorced?
Whatif the bus is late?
Whatif my teeth don't grow in straight?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?
Everything seems well, and then
the nighttime Whatifs strike again!
Seriously I love Shel Silverstein, but this made me think of so many people I know.  I'd point you all out, but I might hurt feelings in the process.  I offer this bit of advice, and it's hard for even me to follow at times, Whatifing everything just makes you crazy and scared of everything.  Life is so much more fun when you live it without fear of everything.  To those I'm talking to, and you know who you are, *SMILE*, you really do choose how you want to live.  I do realize that everything is not fun and games, but . . . everything does not have to be scary either.  There are times when I start doing "whatif's" and Gary will say, "and what if alien's take over tomorrow".  This is his way of telling me to stop it and live in the moment.  It always makes me think, "what if tomorrow doesn't even come, shouldn't I enjoy right now."  Okay, love you.  Off my soap box now.
Watched my first MMA fights last night.  I must say, I kind of enjoyed myself.  Shout out to Steve Ames, who is gonna try again in a few months.  I would have liked to see a little more blood though.  I'm a bit strange like that, but another thought I had this morning is why do people get cuts on their face in their eyebrows and such.  I think I want someone to put a boxing glove on and hit my face hard enough to do that, because it really doesn't look like the hits hurt that bad.  Anyone want to hit me with some gloves on?  Don't line up all at once, I'm thinking it needs to be the right person, and I get to choose.

No comments: