Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Quentin Tarantino ...no spoilers

Okay - So..leaving the theater a while ago, I heard two comments within minutes.  The first, "Quentin Tarantino is a God, and that was his best movie ever."  The second, "I think that had to be the worst Tarantino movie ever."  I have to say...I have never really watched a Tarantino movie....Not really.  I have fallen asleep before or been doing other things while "Pulp Fiction" or "Kill Bill" was on...but I have never really given any of them my full attention.  Gary has been a big fan though, and has made movie references that I haven't gotten for years.  For Christmas this year I got him a Tarantino boxed set of Blu-rays.

So I had seen the "Django" preview many times and knew that I wanted to see it, but honestly I didn't know it was a Tarantino film.  I'm sure it said that on the preview, but I didn't pay much attention to that.  I did notice yesterday while Gary was watching a bonus Blu-ray that the "Django" preview was shown on it 4 different ways.  Anyway, this morning my wonderful man (feeling better) asked if I wanted to go see it today.

I have seen two Tarantino films today..."Django" and "Death proof" - I really really enjoyed both.  I think this means that I am going to have to watch them all.

While I was writing this Bill (a friend) asked if it was as good as "Inglorious Bastards".  I don't know the answer to that yet.  My oldest son and Gary saw that movie together, but I chose to see something else.  I know that I like Jamie Foxx, and that the movie was full of greats...and hilarious moments and blood and guts...It is a LONG movie, but it's very cool.  I'm really happy that I have someone that introduces me to new things without even meaning to.

***************************************************
Some of my thoughts about other stuff
***************************************************

One more thing..People and names...and musician's names and bands...I don't know members..I rarely know actor's names..I honestly believe that no one is any cooler than I am or you are...I think some people are good at entertaining and are talented, but that doesn't make them automatically special to me.  I like to remember things that I find important and special.  I will now add Quentin Tarantino to my list of important to me.

Tommy and Kenny (Gary's sons) used to play a band name 'who sang this' song with Gary while they were growing up...my parents didn't listen to that much music that I remember.  I remember listening to Kenny Rogers and Eddie Rabbit.  Anyway my point to this is...Gary and the boys still play this game, and I usually have no idea who sang that song..I will not study this or even ever care about it, but I love that it is something they share.  If I like it a musician...great..if not..great..but that doesn't mean I'm going to be obsessed with it and learn things about band members and such to fit in with the boys..
I don't know most actors and actresses either.  I don't need to know those that aren't important to me, but it always surprises me when Gary and Sarah and Roy are talking about an actress by name, and I have no idea who they're talking about.  I think some people really just don't care about that stuff.
I do find it interesting when someone and by that I don't mean anyone specific, but that people are like "you don't know who. . . . . is?" with a sense of condescension to their voice.  I hope that with all my sarcasm and goofiness and often pretend bitchiness that I don't come across condescending, and if I have to anyone I am truly sorry, because that is a trait, that I REALLY don't like.

No comments: