Sunday, December 16, 2012

Love and feel fully. . .

Yesterday was a good day.  A nice all day party for sure.  Thanks to everyone who joined us for the celebration.  Any excuse to have a party is great.

Today we go to celebrate one of my best friends birthdays.  She has to know that she is one of my best friends on earth too.  I'm excited too because we were asked to next weekend go see The Hobbit.  Yay! and Jenn will be home Yay! again, and Zach will be here for that too...I only have to still miss David for the holiday's.

I think Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies.  And now you're wondering why I said that.  Gary turned it on just a few min ago, and it's hard to stay focused.

Okay time for a poem.  Said I wouldn't post more of them, but whatevs.  I want to.


Love isn't a strong enough word
What happened to yesterday
So much time has passed

The first moment I knew
You needed me and I you
The sun was brighter after

16 years has gone by
I still need you
Even when your need for me
is a distant memory

Do you remember playing in the rain
Hot chocolate on the cold days
Snuggling up on the couch
Learning about life together

There were so many things to teach
Letters written to look like bugs
catching softballs and running bases
A hug a day keeps evil away

Who knew a couple little ones
Could teach so much so quickly
Who knew I'd fall in love so completely
I suppose the universe knew

To really love is so important
Blood is not what makes family
Listening before action
Feel as fully as possible

I learned that today will slip
Tomorrow will be here soon
You can't get back to now
So enjoy every second

I love you, my children


You know what I really like.  I like that we're all on this ball learning together at the same time.  Old and young alike.  Everyday is something new and different and we're all messing up together a lot.

Happy Days!  Most important in life is experiences.  Enjoy them.


No comments: